QuickBooks error 1310 is another technical obstacle you may encounter while updating QuickBooks to the latest maintenance release or installing a new version.
On getting an error, you can immediately see the following message on your screen- ‘Error 1310’ or ‘Error writing to file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20xx\BusinessObjectProvider.dll’. Error writing to file- C:Config.Msi\5f60cd6.rbf.
The error message terminates the update process, and now you have to resolve the error to update the QB desktop to the latest version. This article can help you to deal smartly with QuickBooks error 1310.
- What are the main reasons for QuickBooks update error 1310
- Consequences Of QuickBooks Error Code 1310
- Steps to Fix Error 1310 in QuickBooks
What are the main reasons for QuickBooks update error 1310
QuickBooks error 1310 occur due to several causes covered in the below-given list-
- Unfinished or corrupted installation of QuickBooks desktop software may cause QuickBooks error message 1310 to appear on your screen.
- It may occur due to damaged or dismissed data records in QuickBooks.
- When a firewall considers updates to be a threat to your system, it prevents the download of new maintenance releases.
- It may happen if your system’s date and time settings are not configured accurately.
- A limited or disrupted Internet connection may also be one of the circumstances liable for provoking the QuickBooks error 1310.
- Absence of individual permission to make significant changes in the computer.
Consequences Of QuickBooks Error Code 1310
As a result of Intuit QB error 1310, you can face the effect listed below-
- You’ll see the QuickBooks error message 1310 suddenly hitting on your screen
- The error message terminates the update process, and you cannot proceed with the task
- You may not be capable to collect the improved features of the latest maintenance release
- Unwanted crisis of error resolution. However, you can avoid troubleshooting bottlenecks by contacting the QuickBooks error support number.
Steps to Fix Error 1310 in QuickBooks
If you are seeking the most efficient resolutions to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 1310, the methods below may help you from your problem.
Important: Before start troubleshooting, these are some essential points to examine in order to install the QuickBooks update efficiently.
- Before proceeding, make sure you have the appropriate administrator rights on Windows
- Reboot Windows into safe mode to prevent third-party applications from interfering with QuickBooks
- Installation method creating QuickBooks error 1310
- Try installing QB Desktop on another drive
- Verify that your hard disk has sufficient memory for QuickBooks installation.
This Solution-list can help quick installation of QuickBooks error message code 1310 to make the installation process more efficient. Now start the troubleshooting process.
Solution 1: Download & Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Go to the official website of Intuit and download the QuickBooks Desktop Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Once you have download the tool then perform the installation method perfectly.
- Open the Task Manager and quit all the executing programs.
Note: The entire installation process may take 20 to 25 minutes to complete. It depends on the speed of your internet connection and system configuration.
- Shut down, and reboot your system after completing the troubleshooting steps of QuickBooks Desktop Installation Diagnostic Tool.
Solution 2: Check User Account Control Settings
User Account Control (UAC) defends the computer and minimizes security risks for the operating system. When fixing QuickBooks Desktop Update error 1310, you have to change the UAC settings.
- Press & hold Windows + R keys concurrently on your keyboard and launch the Run box.
- Type Control Panel in the Run box and press Enter key or go with the OK button.
- Now look for the User Account and later choose ‘Change User Account Control Settings’
- Select Yes for the approval
- Drag the slider down towards Never Notify, and it will turn the UAC off
- Select OK and later Restart your system.
Note: Make sure to turn UAC on to defend your computer from inherent threats, after the QuickBooks error 1310 is fixed.
Solution 3: Re-register the installer Microsoft Windows
After performing two solutions if you are still facing the same issue then follow these following steps:
- Go to the Start menu on your Desktop and click on the search bar and type msiexec /unreg.
- Press Enter and then again go to the Windows Start button
- Now type msiexec /regserver in the Search bar and files case
- Later, go to the QuickBooks and attempt to install the update again.
If still, you are facing the QuickBooks error 1310 unfinished proceed to the next solution.
Solution 4: Use Command Prompt to manually allow Full Administrator Access to the Installer
If you have difficulty manually making changes, get the support of an IT professional or system administrator. Follow the guidance in the error message.
- First, go to the ‘Start menu’ and choose ‘All Programs’ and after select ‘Accessories’.
- Go to the Command Prompt give a right-click on it and choose Run as Administrator from the list of options.
- Enter this command icacls “C:\Config.Msi”/T /Cgrant administrators: F on the cmd window and press the enter.
- Quit the cmd screen.
- Now try to install the QuickBooks Desktop.
Fixing 1310 error is a hassle-free process if you follow the instructions above. This error usually occurs when you try to update or install QuickBooks Desktop. The occurrence of error is very common when updating QuickBooks 2016 version to QuickBooks 2019. This change can be challenging at times as the QuickBooks 2016 version has already been discontinued. The QuickBooks version on your system should be higher than the 2016 version for maximum results.
However, if you are still facing challenges to fix it or need more support to clarify relevant doubts, it is easy to contact our QB experts. The best way to get immediate help to fix matters related to QuickBooks is Wizxpert.com. Our support is available 24 * 7 and you will be assisted by their highly qualified certified ProAdvisors. Give us a call on our toll-free +1-855-441-4417 and get immediate guidance.