What versions of QuickBooks are supported on Windows 10?
- Last Updated on: February 16th, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quickbooks Enterprise
Every software has unique features for the user so it popular between users but the compatibility of every software is different for different versions. Microsoft released its latest operating system, Windows 10 on 29 July 2015. You do not require to update to Windows 10 from your current OS because it’s an optional update.
In this article, we will provide you here is a list of QuickBooks versions that are compatible with Windows 10. Also provided you have installed QB properly and with some important information related to Windows 10, QB and which version of QB are supported on Windows 10. So you need to stay connected until then. You also can contact our QuickBooks help team to save your time and effort. Without wasting time, let’s begin;
What are the new updates in windows 10
- The new start menu looks more similar to the start menu of Windows 7.
- Windows 10 consist of virtual desktop also known as the task switcher.
- It also has a new version of .Net framework (4.6).
- Even though Internet Explorer 11 is still available for use, window 10 consist of a new browser called EDGE.
QuickBooks 2016 R7 and later
Too much of the delight for the QB user QB 2016 R7 is certified to work with windows 10. If you are using a release of QuickBooks 2016 earlier than R7, you will need to update QuickBooks to the latest version to work in Windows 10. But if you are using QuickBooks 2016 R7 and later, you do not need to update anything, you can easily work on Windows 10.
Related article: How to Run QuickBooks Online Faster?
QuickBooks 2015 and QuickBooks 2016 (R1-R6)
In initial testing, Intuit has not found any big issue with QB 2015. For more detail about which operating system is supported visit our QuickBooks Online Support. If you want to open QB 2015 on Windows 10, you should make sure that you have enabled .NET framework 3.5 which is mostly disable by default from Microsoft, so that you can have the best experience possible while using an operating system that does not support QB.
For Ensuring that .NET 3.5 is enabled for QuickBooks 2015
How to enable .NET 3.5 for your QB 2015
- First of all, click on the ‘Start’ button and look for an option that says ‘Turn Windows features On or Off’.
- When you have found this option, click on it.
- Now clicking on it, it opens a dialog box where you can see the option called ‘.NET Framework 3.5’.
- Be sure that this option is enabled. If you found that this option is disabled, click on the checkbox and enable it.
- In case it is not enabled, click on the check-box and enable it.
- After complete the process, reboot the system.
QuickBooks 2014 and earlier
QB 2014 or earlier is not supported in Windows 10. You have to update your QB if you are using QB 2014 and earlier.
Get an hassle free remote access to your QuickBooks from anywhere on any device(PC/Mac/android) with Cloud based QuickBooks hosted on hosted citrix vdi from CloudDesktopOnline powered by one of the leading providers of cloud hosting – Apps4Rent.
For more information about which version of QuickBooks supported in Windows 10 you can talk to our QuickBooks ProAdvisor “+1 855 441 4417”. Here you’ll find full detail and better help regarding your queries.