What is QuickBooks Error 6150
In QuickBooks when you open a company file you will the see following error: Error Code -6150, “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to create, open, or use the company file” has multiple possible causes .the possible causes include:
This Error 6150 has multiple possible causes. The possible causes include:
- If in case your company file (.qbw) is damaged and you were attempting to backup or create a portable file (.qbm)
- Your QuickBooks installation is damaged
- you were attempting to open a portable file (.qbm) but QuickBooks wasn’t open
- the QuickBooks company file extension was changed or is the wrong type
- you were attempting to restore a QuickBooks for Macintosh backup file in QuickBooks for Windows
How do I fix error code -6150?
We have discussed in details about how to fix QuickBooks Error code 6150. You can follow the link to learn.
Some steps to resolve this error includes reviewing the extension of your company file, verifying your company file, repairing your QuickBooks installation, or re-installing QuickBooks.
Step 1: Repair Registry Entries Associated with Error 6150
Step 2: Conduct a Full Malware Scan of Your system
Step 3: Clean Out Your System Junk (Temporary Files and Folders) With Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr)
Step 4: Update Your PC Device Drivers
Step 5: Utilize Windows System Restore to “Undo” Recent System Changes
Step 6: in this step we have Uninstall and again install the QuickBooks Program Associated with Error 6150
Step 7: Run Windows System File Checker (“sfc /scannow”)
Step 8: Install All Available Windows Updates
Step 9: Perform a Clean Installation of Windows
Live remote help for QuickBooks: Dial 1-855-441-4417