How do you set up a direct deposit in QuickBooks Payroll?
- Last Updated on: April 2nd, 2019
- Posted by: admin
To set up direct deposit in QuickBooks Payroll. You are required to send payroll information along with all the data nearly 48 hours before the check date and also you need to send it before 5 pm. Then only you will be sure that money will get to employees on time. A day before the check date Intuit withdraw the money from your account. Then send it your employees account on the check date.
Overview and steps to set up direct deposit in QuickBooks Payroll:
Employees have to fill Direct Deposit Authorization form and provide you a void check of their bank account remember it is not a deposit slip. Both Direct deposit form and a void check are for you record only. You do not need to submit them to QB desktop.
Read this blog to know more: Activate Direct Deposit Feature in QuickBooks Payroll: Requirements & Sign up
Generally, these are very basic forms and you have to fill the basic information to set up direct deposit
- Your bank’s ABA or routing number. This nine-digit number is found on the bottom left of your checks.
- Your checking account number.
- You may need to submit a voided check.
- Your bank’s address.
Set up an employee for direct deposit:
- Click on Employees and select the Employee Center to open your employee list.
- Click on the employee’s name.
- Select the payroll info tab.
- Select the Direct Deposit button.
- In the Direct store window, select Use Direct Deposit for [employee’s name].
- Select whether to store the check into a couple of records.
- Enter the financial information of employees(Bank name, Account No, Account Type).
- In a case,If you choose to deposit to two accounts, enter the amount or percentage that the employee wants to deposit to the first account in the amount to deposit field.
- Select ok to save the information.
- Enter your direct deposit PIN prompted.
To enjoy hassle free accounting. Hire Our QuickBooks Expert: Dial 1855-441-4417