Reinstall QuickBooks by Using Clean Install For Windows?
- Last Updated on: December 10th, 2018
- Posted by: admin
Reinstall QuickBooks by Using Clean Install tool for the window. When a QuickBooks desktop function gets damaged or when a simple restore does not correct any problems. You may need to uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop for Windows, rename the downloaded installation files, and then The program has to be restored. This process is called Clean Install or Clean Uninstall.
If you are not sure to do this process on your own, Talk to an Intuit certified ProAdvisor now to save your time and effort.
Remind- Before uninstalling QuickBooks Desktop, make sure that your QuickBooks Desktop download file or your installation CD and license number are available.
Step 1- Do uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- See your keyboard and press Window+R key together to open a Run command window.
- In Run command type control panel and press enter.
- Choose Program Feature, if the control panel is in category view then select Uninstall program.
- In a list of program, choose QuickBooks, then choose to uninstall or change.
- Follow the prompts till the process done.
Note: If you get an error message and are unable to uninstall the QuickBooks, you will need to contact a qualified IT professional or Microsoft because this indicates that your Windows operating system (which is not an Intuit product) there is a problem/corruption.
Step 2: How to Rename the Installation Folders
You have the option to use the QuickBooks Clean install tool to rename folders. If you do not want to run this tool, you can manually rename the QuickBooks installation folder.
Downloaded and run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- You must download QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Tool.exe file and save in your Desktop.
- After opening the QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe
- Choose I Accept in a license agreement.
- Then choose your version of QuickBooks Desktop then press continue.
- When you see the message, Press Ok “QuickBooks is now ready for a clean install, please install in the default directory.”
Rename the QuickBooks Desktop installation folder manually.
Use Windows Explorer to display hidden files and rename each folder location listed for your version of Windows. As a recommendation, add ‘old’ or ‘damaged’ at the end of the folder name. This will prevent the QuickBooks from recognizing the folder to create a new one.
- C:\program data\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- C:\User\current user\Appdata\local\Intuit\Quickbooks.
- C:\program files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- For 64-bit version C:\program files(x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks.
Occur Error: Rejected folder name when renaming
- Do right-click the Window Task Bar and choose Task Manager.
- Under the Process tab, select the Image Name column header to sort alphabetical processes by name.
- Select QBDBMgrN.exe, QBDBMgr.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, Qbw32.exe, files then select the end process.
- Choose End Process.
- Click OK on the message, that shows the “Warning: eliminating any process can result in undesirable consequences, including data loss and system instability”.
After performing all step shows above now Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop from Download and Install QuickBooks Desktop. I hope this will help you to perform the process if not, call our QuickBooks Support number and talk to a certified expert +1-855-441-4417 toll-free.