Fix QuickBooks Error 1310: Error writing to file…
- Last Updated on: December 1st, 2018
- Posted by: QB
If you are installing a new version or updating the QuickBooks desktop, you may get one of these following error 1310 messages:
“File C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20xx\BusinessObjectProvider.dll. Error writing to file.”
“Error “1310: Error writes to file: C: Config.msi”.”
To fix this Error either you can follow these given solutions or you can talk to an Intuit certified PeroAdvisor at our QuickBooks support number to save your time and effort. Call toll-free number +1-855-441-4417.
Solution 1: Run & install diagnostic tool:
- Download the QuickBooks Desktop Download Diagnostic Tool.
- When prompted, save the file in your desktop.
- First, you can Close any open programs, then run the QuickBooks install tool.
Note: Depending on your internet speed and computer performance, it can take up to 20 minutes to complete.
- Reboot the computer to install updates correctly.
Solution 2: Toggle User Account Control Settings
Solution 3: Re-register Microsoft Windows Installer
- Click on the Start menu.
- Type msiexec/unreg in the search area and Enter.
- Again select the windows start menu.
- Type msiexec/regserver in the search area and Enter.
- Now, try to Install Quickbooks.
Solution 4: Use Command Prompt to Assign Full Administrator Access to Manually Installer
- If you are not comfortable in performing these steps, consult an IT person or system administrator.
- Follow the steps on the folder in the context of the received error message. The steps outlined in this section use “Config.msi” as an example.
- Go to the Windows Start menu, view all programs, then select Accessories.
- Right-click on the command prompt and choose Run as administrator.
- In the command prompt window, type icacls”C: \ Config.Msi”/t/c/grant administrators: F.
Note: Change the Config.msi in the folder referenced on the error you received.
- Click Enter and exit the command prompt.
- Install QuickBooks.
I hope this will help you to resolve your issue. So, if you have any other queries in your mind and want to find the solution for it? visit our community also you can ask your queries there.