Why does QB drop my decimal point input?
I completely understand how you’re looking for automatic decimal point. You may find out any whole number in the Amount column (like 5, 10, 15) without a decimal point, and when you move on from that field, QuickBooks Online will fix it to include the decimal (like 5.00, 10.00, etc). Not too shabby, right? Try it out and see how it works for you!”
But this is NOT TRUE. In fact, even when I enter 5.00 – Quickbooks changes it to just 5.
Let’s also check if your Number Format preference is set to have two numbers after the decimal point.
- Click on the Gear icon.
- Under Your Settings, click on Accounts and Settings.
- Choose Advanced and click on the Other Preferences section.
- Choose the 123,456.00 number format.
- Click on Save and click on Done.
- Try to create a transaction after checking the setup or after changing the preference.
I’m always here if you need more help. You can also dial Support Phone Number for QuickBooks +1 855 441 4417