What is QuickBooks Error -6177 and how can i fix this error ?
When you try to open the company file, QuickBooks also opens the company file. Before open company file on any other system, confirm that your company file is open in your computer where it is located.
This Error occurs because QuickBooks cannot use the right way to open any company file. Below I tried to describe all possible solution of this error. You can also contact QuickBooks Customer Support for instant help.
How to fix this error?
Solution 1: Move your company file to local hard disk.
- Move your company file to the C drive from the server.
- Open company file from c drive.
- Now, Close your company file.
- Restore that portable file from C drive and save it to your server.
- Now, Select your company file and open this selected file from your QuickBooks server.
- Visit the Update Latest Release section in a web page.
- Important: Make sure that your product is selected If it is not selected click on the choose another product.
- Choose and apply the updates to any one of the given updates of the option: Manual or Automatic.
Try solution 3 if the error still exists in your QuickBooks Software.
Solution 3: Download the latest Version of QuickBooks Software, install and run it.
hope this will help.