What is QuickBooks Error 6144, 304 & How to Resolve it?
QuickBooks Error 6144, 304 is related to company file which contains all the accounting data. This error arises when there is something wrong with the company file. Multiple incidents can cause a damage to the company file, some of which have been mentioned below:
- System shuts down while data is being stored.
- Malicious programs such as viruses, ransomware, malware and so on.
- Security Software.
QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll provides you the latest features that will help you in your accounting. If the system crashes or shuts down while the data is being saved to the company file then the company file can be damaged. There is much malicious software that is designed for targeting important files and folders in your system. Security software, in some cases, can cause this error as well. This is why it is recommended that you buy good security software that is renowned in the market. These will not only help you in tackling malicious programs but also in avoiding deletion of files that are not a threat to the security of your data.
How to resolve QuickBooks Error 6144, 304
To fix this Error you need to download the QuickBooks File Doctor Toolkit which can diagnose and fix errors with the company file. The best thing about this tool is that it is offered for free by Intuit. Make sure to plug in your system before you begin the scanning process. The process of scanning and fixing can take a long time, depending on the size of the company file. Here is a step by step process to fix this Error.
- Log into an administrator account.
- Open QuickBooks File Doctor with administrative privileges. Wait for QB to open.
- Click on browse and select the company file.
- Select whether or not the company file is hosted on the workstation or the server.
- Select the right option for the question “Are you on a server or a workstation.
- QB File doctor will scan for network errors and then for errors with the company file.
- Close QuickBooks file doctor and open QB.
These steps will surely troubleshoot your problem regarding the error if the problem persists you can contact QuickBooks Payroll Support Team or you can call on +1-855-441-4417 to speak with Proadvisors certified from Intuit.