What are the new QuickBooks Desktop Security Updates & Information?
In this answer, QuickBooks desktop 2018 focuses on new and improved features that help accountants and their clients complete tasks with less effort. Join me for a review of these features!
We believe that protecting our customers’ sensitive data is one of our most important responsibilities. As a result, Intuit is reinforcing existing security features designed to help protect QuickBooks Desktop customers’ sensitive information.
Changes with this update
- Users whose files contain sensitive data such as credit card numbers, social security numbers, or employer identification numbers will be asked to set a complex password when they next sign into the file after this update.
- Users who have the “Credit Card Protection” feature on and can view full credit card data will also be asked to set a complex password, and they will be required to change their password every 90 days.
- Other users asked to set up a password will not need to change their password every 90 days; however, Intuit strongly recommends changing passwords every 90 days.
What else do I need to know?
- The administrator account holder will be notified if any users have not set up a password. This will help the administrator to secure the file by requesting that those users create a password, or by assigning a password directly to these users.
- Customers using QuickBooks Desktop in multi-user mode will need to ensure that all users are on a supported version of QuickBooks Desktop and have installed the security update in order to address the security vulnerability.
- Customers who have forgotten the admin password, and have also forgotten the hint to reset the password, must provide the email address that they used to register QuickBooks to access the password reset tool.
- Customers running SDK applications that need to access QuickBooks in unattended mode must log in to QuickBooks after the security update for QuickBooks 2016/Enterprise 16 (R7) has been applied.
In case you’re having any doubt about the Security information. Feel free to call our QuickBooks Desktop support number +1855-441-4417. Call Now, our Proadvisor is always available to assist you.
Though I am not pro at using QuickBooks but here is one site that I read out a lot and that also keeps me updated about all the news about QuickBooks. I have found an article which i see is the perfect solution to all your problems. Check out Quickbooks the company file needs to be updated this article talks about, how you can update your QuickBooks if the update is falling due…