How to update Quickbooks Inventory?
You or your bookkeeper can use QuickBooks Update for storing inventory information and also for adjusting inventory counts and values based on the current market. You most likely count your inventory on a regular basis and any changes should be recorded in your financial records.
read here about Enhanced report in Quickbooks.
The process of importing and updating inventory is two different procedures. Inventory tracking gives a way to automatically update your future inventory differences when you do purchase orders to purchase inventory items. By turning on Inventory Tracking, you can import and update your inventory using an Excel spreadsheet.
Import and update inventory
- Go to the File menu and utilities.
- Choose the option import and select excel files.
- Then press on the advanced import button.
- Click on the browse button and locate your spreadsheet. now open.
- Select the sheet where you have created the data on the spreadsheet.
- Delete this data file has a header rows checkbox.
- Select ‘choose a mapping’ drop-down menu and select add new.
- Enter ‘inventory import’ into the mapping name field.
- Select the import type drop-down menu and item.
- Select save and choose the option to import your items.
This procedure will import your items and updates incorrect values.