How can I fix quickbooks error 15222?
You receive error 15222 when you download a Payroll or QuickBooks Desktop update, which is often caused by:
- Antispyware, anti adware, antimalware see the QuickBooks Desktop update as a threat.
Note: This error is not typically associated with antivirus software, but it can be if it is coupled with antispyware, and so on.
- The Internet Explorer function to register digital signatures no longer works.
- Your default browser is not set to Internet Explorer.
When you download payroll or QuickBooks Desktop updates, you get error 15222, which is often:
- Antispyware, antidepressants, Antivirus QuickBooks desktop updates are seen as a threat.
Note- This error is not usually associated with antivirus software, but it can be done with antispyware, and so on.
- To sign up in a digital signature, the Internet Explorer does not work longer.
- Your default browser is not set on Internet Explorer.
You will have permission to download payroll or QuickBooks desktop updates.
You have an active QuickBooks payroll subscription.
Note- The list of fixes for this error given below. You may not need to follow all of them to resolve this issue. We suggest you download the latest tax table again after every few steps.
- If you have antispyware, anti-adware, antimalware or antivirus software:
To allow the following exceptions, update these programs:
* qbw32.exe and qbupdate.exe processes.
* Payroll.com, QuickBooks.com, and Intuit.com Domains.
- Install Digital Signature Certificate:
- Close QuickBooks Desktop. (If QuickBooks is open, you will not see the Digital Signature tab).
- Search for QBW32.exe, which is located in C: \ Program Files \ Intuit \ QuickBooks.
- Right-click QBW32.exe, and choose Properties.
- Click on the digital signature tab, and make sure that Intuit, Inc. is selected in the signature list. Click Details.
- In the Digital Signature Details tab, press View certificate. In the certificate tab, press Install certificate.
- Next, click until the Finnish display. Then click Finish.
restart the computer. Open QuickBooks.
- Download the update again.
- Verify your LAN connection.