How to fix quickbooks 6130 error?
Causes of 6130 error
- Corrupt download or incomplete installation of QuickBooks software.
- Corruption in Windows registry from a recent QuickBooks-related software change (install or uninstall).
- Virus or malware infection that has corrupted Windows system files or QuickBooks-related program files.
- Another program maliciously or mistakenly deleted QuickBooks-related files.
Runtime Errors such as “Error 6130 0” can be caused by a variety of factors, so it is important that you troubleshoot each of the possible causes to prevent it from recurring.
Here discuss the solution of How to fix QuickBooks 6130 error?
Solution 1: Create a new Windows User
- You have to click the windows start Button
- Click on the Control Panel.
- Click on User Accounts Icon.
- You have to select the creator New User option
- Make sure to select Administrator for user type.
- You need to log out the current users.
- For the changes to take full effect, Restart the Computer
- You have to log in using the newly created user.
- Need to move the company file to the desktop.
- You have to open QuickBooks and access the company files on the desktop
Solution 2: Ensure that QuickBooks is not running as administrator
- You have to Right-click QuickBooks icon
- select the Properties and click on the Compatibility Tab.
- You need to Deselect Run this program as Administrator.
- Then first select the Show Settings for all users. I run this program as Administrator is grayed out, You have to click Okay.
- B\Now Exit and restart QuickBooks
Solution 3: Install All available Windows Updates
- To check for windows updates (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10)
- Click the Start button
- Type Update into the search box and hit enter
- The Windows Update dialog box will appear
- If updates are available, click the Install Updates button