I am unable to backup-“QuickBooks was unable to backup your company file. QuickBooks could not create a disk image?
I am trying to backup QuickBook unable to Backup Company File I have 5 company files and until just recently all worked great. The largest file now gets this message-“QuickBooks have unable to backup your company file. QuickBooks could not create a disk image.” I verified. Next step is to rebuild… But needs to backup first.You can cancel the backup and rebuild will continue.However it is a good idea to make the backup.As far as I am aware you should not be able to open and edit a Quickbooks backup file without restoring it to a Company file.
To know the reason behind QuickBooks unable to backup company file and to know the solution first we have to analyze the problem.
Causes of QuickBooks unable to backup company file:
- In backup process verification stage fails.
- Command of backup crash.
- Regular backups can be made but creation of portable files cannot be done.
Follow the steps to solve this error:
- Rename your QuickBooks Desktop company file
- Set up QuickBooks Desktop to use the new company file name
- Backup Company file to an external drive or flash drive
- Go to the File menu, and select Save Copy or Backup.
- Select Backup copy, and click Next.
- Select Local Backup, and click Next.
- When asked, Where do you want to save your backup copy?, select Save it now, and click Next.
- Browse to a location on your local drive (usually, this is the C:\ Drive), and click the Save button. (To simplify this process, you can save the file to
- the Windows Desktop, as this is a folder on the C:\ drive).
- Minimize QuickBooks Desktop.
- Locate the backup file on the local drive.
- Right-click on the file, and choose Copy.
- Open a Windows Explorer window.
- Double-click on the drive letter that corresponds to your external drive or flash drive to open it.
- Right-click on the file, and choose Paste.
If you want more information or deep knowledge you can contact through the given link. For Additional Support Read the article: https://www.wizxpert.com/quickbooks-unable-to-backup-company-file/