I am unable to backup-“QuickBooks was unable to backup your company file. QuickBooks could not create a disk image?
I am trying to backup QuickBook unable to Backup Company File I have 5 company files and until just recently all worked great. The largest file now gets this message-“QuickBooks have unable to backup your company file. QuickBooks could not create a disk image.” I verified. Next step is to rebuild… But needs to backup first.You can cancel the backup and rebuild will continue.However it is a good idea to make the backup.As far as I am aware you should not be able to open and edit a Quickbooks backup file without restoring it to a Company file.
Follow the steps to solve this error:
- Rename your QuickBooks Desktop company file
- Set up QuickBooks Desktop to use the new company file name
- Backup Company file to an external drive or flash drive
- Go to the File menu, and select Save Copy or Backup.
- Select Backup copy, and click Next.
- Select Local Backup, and click Next.
- When asked, Where do you want to save your backup copy?, select Save it now, and click Next.
- Browse to a location on your local drive (usually, this is the C:\ Drive), and click the Save button. (To simplify this process, you can save the file to
- the Windows Desktop, as this is a folder on the C:\ drive).
- Minimize QuickBooks Desktop.
- Locate the backup file on the local drive.
- Right-click on the file, and choose Copy.
- Open a Windows Explorer window.
- Double-click on the drive letter that corresponds to your external drive or flash drive to open it.
- Right-click on the file, and choose Paste.
For Additional Support Read the article: https://www.wizxpert.com/quickbooks-unable-to-backup-company-file/