I am getting an error message: Document date is earlier than QuickBooks Closing Date preference. How to fix it?
You are facing the error while clicking the save and bill button on a purchase or receive order/items or when posting invoices to QuickBooks. First, you have to know about the problem and then resolve it by following the given steps below.
You are getting a QuickBooks error message as below while running a financial exchange with QuickBooks Desktop.
Error: Voucher (or Sales Receipt) #XXX created on MM/DD/YYYY was skipped from processing. Document date is earlier than QuickBooks Closing Date preference.
Causes of this error is:
Your transaction date must dated in QuickBooks Point of Sale for Desktop for a date prior to the Closing Date in QuickBooks Desktop.
Methods to fix this error are as:
Open QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Point of Sale for Desktop on the Point of Sale server computer.
- In QuickBooks Desktop, create a backup of your company data file.
- From the Edit menu, select Preferences.
- On the left pane, select Accounting then click the Company Preferences tab.
- Click Set Date/Password and clear the Closing Date field.
- Click OK and click OK again.
- In QuickBooks Point of Sale for Desktop, run a financial exchange. The error should not recur.
I hope after read or follow these steps your QuickBooks error will resolve quickly. If you want more information regarding QuickBooks, you can easily contact QuickBooks point of sale.
Error 176103: Unable to activate the product when opening Point of Sale.
Why is this happening
This error message can be caused by the following:
* The computer’s system date may be set incorrectly.
* The wrong validation code for an upgrade copy of Point of Sale is entered.
* The prior version CD has not been inserted when requested at the time of registration.
How do I fix this?
- Make sure the validation code is entered without hyphens or spaces.
- Check the computer’s system date:
a.Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel.
b. Double-click Date and Time and correct the date and time if needed.
- Attempt to validate the product again, inserting the prior version CD upon request.
- If the error recurs, uninstall Point of Sale, delete the contents of the Intuit Entitlement folder, and reinstall Point of Sale:
A. Uninstall Point of Sale.
B. Right-click the Windows Start button and select Explore.
C. Select the Tools menu and select Folder Options.
D. Click the View tab and clear the Hide extensions for known file types checkbox.
E. Select Show hidden files and folders and clear Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
F. Click OK.
G. Navigate in the left window to the location: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6.0. To navigate, click the plus sign (+) next to each folder listed.
H. Right click the first file in this folder and select Delete. Click Yes and repeat for each additional file in the v6.0 folder.
I. Reinstall Point of Sale.