How to work on Firewall Configuration for QuickBooks Point of sale?
In this answer, A firewall is a physical device or security software which is designed to prevent unauthorized access or connectivity network based upon a certain standard. Whether the firewall is on server or workstation it can block communication between QuickBooks point of sale support company data and workstation.
Most of the time Point of Sale automatically configure the QuickBooks firewall for you whenever the connectivity is blocked. However, sometimes we need to configure manually which we will discuss further. If you configure your firewall application manually, you should review the appropriate sections of the manual that has supplied with the firewall program.
Some processes will be interrupted from the blocking of QuickBooks Point of Sale:
- Electronic Funds Transfer: Processing of Intuit Merchant Services credit card.
- Database Server Manager: It is the ability to connect and record transactions/changes to the company file(Server installation only).
- Intuit Entitlement Service: Product license and user validation.
How to configure manually Windows firewall for QuickBooks Point of Sale:
You need to ensure some points described below:
- You should have rights of Windows Administrator rights to perform.
- Ensure that you have added the Firewall Ports and Executable files that QuickBooks Point of Sale requires if you are using a third-party security program.
- Contact the developer of your third-party security program
Hope this answer will be helpful for you. For more information about importing invoices into QuickBooks, dial QuickBooks support phone number +1-855-441-4417. You can ask any query related to QuickBooks from well qualified and experienced accounting experts.