How to solve QuickBooks Payroll update error code 15212?
You can get any one of the following error messages for error code 15212 while downloading payroll or QuickBooks updates:
- The payroll update did not complete successfully. Please try again. You must successfully download the update by the deadline displayed in the Get Updates window.
- The QuickBooks update did not complete successfully.
- The payroll update did not complete successfully. The location for the shared download is not accessible.
These errors can be caused by a shared download drive which is not mapped, is not accessible, or has insufficient access permissions. You need to download the latest payroll or QuickBooks updates. For this, you should have an active QuickBooks payroll subscription.
Fix the error code 15212
Let’s start to fix this error by using some simple steps:
- First make sure that you have installed the latest QuickBooks update.
- If you do not have, download an update right now.
- Select Help > Update QuickBooks.
- Click the Options
- For Shared Download, click on No > Save > Close.
- Download the update
Steps to solve QuickBooks update payroll error code 15212:
- First, restart your computer and start ‘mapping data files to network drives’
- You can be remapped network drives by: FILE EXPLORER<START<THIS PC<COMPUTER<MAP NETWORK DRIVE
- For updating payroll you can use the ‘DATA FILE’ but when asked to pick a file.
- After completing remapping, restart the computer again to check if the error is rectified.
This is a temporary solution. Contact to QuickBooks Payroll Support team for a permanent fix.
If you are still receiving this error during updates then download the updates in Safe Mode. To get Safe Mode, tap the F8 key on your keyboard repeatedly until the Windows Advanced Options menu appears. Select Safe Mode w/Networking, and then press Enter.
Note: You may or may not allow to access internet connection in Safe Mode Networking option. You can use this mode if your error is due to complications with Internet accessibility. Read also: QuickBooks Payroll setup Checklist to get more help.