How to Resolve Error 3371, status code 11118?
Error 3371 Status code 11118: QuickBooks Pro has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience So here’s where it gets fun. I ended up completely rebuilding the user’s computer. It worked at my desk. I put the machine back in place and she couldn’t log in. I uninstalled/reinstalled and it worked. For about a week. Last week it happened to her again and uninstalling/reinstalling worked. But now I have a second user who is having the same issue. I’ve gone through all the previous steps with her except the full rebuild.
follow this solution to resolve QuickBooks Error 3371,
Rename the Intuit entitlement file (QB 2013)
- Firstly close the QuickBooks.
- Open the entitlement data folder.
- Enter the information: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 and press Enter.
- Now, Right click the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and Delete it.
- Open Quickbooks and your company file and do the registration.
- Press window key + R on your keyboard.
- After that, a window will open. Enter (or copy and paste) here C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- You will reach window explorer at following location
- Just delete this ecml file. Do a right click and select Delete. Close the window now.
- After performing this step, Run QuickBooks, Register the product again.
The problem can still occur. If your window is outdated, or updates are not installed. Follow the simple steps below.
- Click on window icon, Start button
- Select All Programs -> Window update
- Click on check for updates
- After successful update, reinstall QuickBooks Desktop again.
For Additional information read the article: https://www.wizxpert.com/how-to-fix-quickbooks-error-3371/