How to Install, Update, and Set up the QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
The QuickBooks Database Server Manager is a utility that allows you to configure the QuickBooks Server for multi-user access. QuickBooks database server manager useful and suitable as it allows you to make ideal use of QuickBooks desktop application. During installation of QuickBooks, you will have to choices, first install the QuickBooks database server manager simply or second install full desktop program of QuickBooks.
Important: If you need help on how to install QuickBooks desktop, go to the How to Install QuickBooks Desktop page.
This article provides the steps to install, update and set up QuickBooks Database Server Manager (QBDBSM).
Install QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Double click the installer for your QuickBooks and start the Installation Wizard.
- Click Next if the computer is connected to the Internet and able to download an update. If not, click No, and click Next.
- Close other open programs and click Next.
- Read the terms of the Software License Agreement. If you agree, select I accept the terms in the license agreement click Next.
- Select Custom or Network Options.
- Choose an installation type:
- Choose I’ll be using QuickBooks on this computer AND I’ll be storing… if you will run the QuickBooks program on this computer.
- Choose I will NOT be using QuickBooks on this computer… if you will only store QuickBooks data on this computer.
- Select Yes, allow access.
- Enter the License Number and Product Number (the text at the bottom of the window tells you where to look for it).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Setup the Database Server Manager after it has been installed.
Update QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Periodically, it may be necessary to update the Database Server Manager. Generally, it is necessary when a new year of QuickBooks Desktop is installed on the workstations OR if a critical update to a current year is released.
- Download the patch from Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release.
- Note: The patch for the server is the same as the patch for the workstation.)
- Reboot the server after the patch installation completes. (This is strongly recommended).
- On the workstation, after the server has been updated, you may get the following message: The company file needs to be updated to work with this version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- There will be a prompt to create a backup which is required since these updates can modify the database structure.
- Follow the prompts and after the backup is completed, you should be able to open the file.
Set Up and use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
You can use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager to:
- First, click on ‘Start’ button.
- Now, click on the ‘Program’ option and then select QuickBooks option.
- Scan folders for QuickBooks company files that need to be configured for multi-user access.
- Monitor local hard drives to configure new company files automatically.
For further information: Install, Update, and Setup the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Hope this answer will be helpful for you. For more information, you can dial our QuickBooks Customer Support Phone Number +1-855-441-4417. You can ask any query related to QuickBooks from well-qualified and experienced accounting experts.