How to get resolve from QuickBooks error code PS058?
QuickBooks Payroll error PS058 occurs during downloading of payroll update. It is a generic error code and it happens due to various causes which may be human error and a machine error with the usage of hardware and software programs. Payroll errors affect the performance and production of the software program from Intuit. It occurs through several stages of the installation process:
- Copying the files to the hard drive- This operation is processed by the QuickBooks QBDAgent, which copies the encrypted files to the hard drive.
- Decrypting the files- Internet Explorer decrypts the files.
- Installing the files- QBDAgent installs the files in the QuickBooks program directory.
Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058
To resolve this problem, you should have an active QuickBooks payroll subscription then download the payroll update again using following steps:
- If you do not have, download an update right now.
- Select Help > Update QuickBooks.
- Click the Options
- For Shared Download, click on No > Save > Close.
- Download the update.
You may also manually download the software update online using steps below:
- If there is no Internet connection on the computer that has QuickBooks installed, find a computer that has an Internet connection and download the qbwebpatch.exe file from http://www.quickbooks.com/support.
- Copy the file to either a CD or flash drive.
- Copy that file to the desktop of the computer with your QuickBooks software.
- After the qbwebpatch.exe file has been copied to the computer with QuickBooks, install the qbwebpatch file from the desktop.
- Continue updating the Tax Table from the CD.
Then you should check your company file for any Errors:
- First, open the QuickBooks application and click the F2 button.
- Now, Product Information opens then press F3.
- Click on open file in tech help.
- Now, double-click on log.
- Now, you have to scroll down to see error written in any of the lines.
- Now, you may see an error code that close to the word error then troubleshoot the error on the QuickBooks community page online.
To Run reboot.bat:
- First, close QuickBooks.
- Now, open the task manager on your system.
- Now, you can see running exe and qbdagent2001.exe. Close both program.
- In windows start search bat on the search bar.
- Now, run the file and close it when it completes its processing.
- Now, you have to restart your QuickBooks application.
- Again download the update for payroll.
Hope this will solve your problem. If you are still getting this error after following all these steps, you can contact the experts through the QuickBooks Payroll support phone number 1 (855) 441 4417 which is toll free and globally available for any type of help you want.