How to get resolve from QuickBooks Error code 6177?
QuickBooks Error 6177 shows a pop-up message when you are trying to access company file. It happens when a file is located on a server computer and we are trying to access this file locality.
Do the following steps to get resolve from this error:
- Move a file on the local computer and then open a company file, if you are getting an error while opening the file then looks for portable company file.
- Remember to update your QuickBooks on the latest release.
- Adding windows firewall ports if it is not configured as for QuickBooks users there are some of the ports which need to be open.
- Turn off hosting if it’s on client computers.
- Create a new folder and try to access data file from that location, Move the folder to the local computer and try to access data.
- Folder which contains company file on server computer must have full access to a computer.
- Server computer which contains QuickBooks file must have full access to folders.
Quickbooks Error Support Read here more information