How to fix server busy error message ?
You can fix this error by following these given steps:
To fix Server Busy error
First of all, Check your network connections and then Close your QuickBooks and then reopen it. I hope this will help you. If not then follow these steps to resolve it.
- Close open programs
- Check if Windows is updating
- Close all QuickBooks Desktop Components
- Remove QuickBooks Update Agent displaying the “Server busy” message
- Run Reboot.bat
- Repair QuickBooks
- Reinstall QuickBooks using a clean install
You can see the detailed article for better understanding the process to resolve this QuickBooks Error. See to Fix QuickBooks Error Server Busy
Causes of server busy error:
- The program that QuickBooks desktop is working with is waiting for your response.
- Windows update may be running in the background.
- QuickBooks desktop did not shut down properly.
- More than one computer is set up to host the QuickBooks desktop company file.
- Maybe security software is blocking QuickBooks desktop updates.
- A conflict may occur between the QuickBooks update manager and another program on the computer.
- Your computer does not have sufficient resources to run QuickBooks desktop.
How to resolve server busy error:
Close open programs
- Close all the dialog boxes open in any program.
- Some programs may be caused by this error like NORTON, Google Desktop, Windows Defender, Vista Security, Pivot Software Control.
- If you try using selective startup in windows, you should stop intuit FCS.
- This error can also be caused by Webroot Spy Sweeper. Disable spy sweeper or run it in gamer mode while using the QuickBooks desktop.
Ensure updating of windows
Check if the windows are installing an update on your windows taskbar system. If it needs to be installed let the process complete. Restart your computer as directed by windows. If no update is running, move forward with the next step.
Close all QuickBooks desktop components
- Close all your data files and exit QuickBooks desktop.
- Right-click on the Windows taskbar and select the task manager.
- Click on the Process tab.
- End all of the QuickBooks related processes if they are listed ( each process and then click end process).
- Start your QuickBooks desktop and open your data file.
Remove QuickBooks update agent displaying the “server busy” error message
- Left-click on the windows start button and choose all programs and then select a startup.
- Right-click on QuickBooks update agent, choose delete and then click delete the shortcut.
- Turn off the shared updates in QuickBooks desktop:
- Select update QuickBooks from the help menu.
- Click on the options tab.
- Select no to the shared download options.
- Select close.