how to fix quickbook error OLSU- 1022 or OLSU-1024?

Hi… there ! I am business owner and using quickbooks accounting software from last five year for my accounting purpose but now i am facing a problem an error massage display comes on my screen when i am create bank sheet in my quickbooks desktop. please provide me a suitable solution.

Add Comment
1 Answer(s)

Hi… Nitin, please check out this:

Error Code: OLSU-1022 or OLSU-1024

Error Category: QuickBooks

Error Description: QuickBooks error OLSU-1022 or OLSU-1024 generate when you are trying to create an online bank account or bank feeds in QuickBooks Desktop. The following error message is displayed:

“An error occurred while updating the branding files! Please restart the Online Banking Setup Wizard to initiate the update process again.”

One of the main reason behind this error is if the Financial Institution Directory (FIDIR) is not updated or not stored in the recommended location.

Solution:  You can fix this error by applying the given these solutions.

SOLUTION 1:

You have to Update your QuickBooks to the latest release.

If these steps do not work then follow the next given steps

SOLUTION 2:

Make sure that your FIDIR is up to date, if not then Update the Financial Institution Directory to the recent version.

1. Go to C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks20XX\Components\OLB\branding\filist folder directory.
  2. Check where is the file fidir.txt then change the name of the file to fidir.old.
  3. After that Right-click to your version of QuickBooks to get the latest file. After that select Save target as\Save link as from the pop-up menu.
  4. The Save As window dialogue box is displayed. Select your Desktop as the file location and click Save.
  5. After that, you will see a message on your display “Download complete”  Now click on the Close button (optional).
  6. Copy the downloaded fidir.txt file to the correct filist folder:
  7. Right-click the fidir.txt file on your desktop and select Copy.
  8. On your keyboard, press Windows + E keys to open the Computer window.
  9. Go to the filist folder: C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks20XX\Components\OLB\branding\filist
  10. Right-click on the filist folder and select Paste. After that, you can see the file fidir.txt you copied from the Desktop in the folder.
  11. Open QuickBooks Desktop and set up an account.

SOLUTION 3:

Repair QuickBooks

1. On your keyboard, press Windows + E keys.
  2. Click Uninstall or change a program option.
  3. Select QuickBooks and click Uninstall/Change.

In the QuickBooks installation window:

1. Click on the Next icon and choose the Repair radio button.
  2. Then Click on the Next > Repair > Finish.

After applying this process if you still face the same problem the follow this process to resolve this error.

SOLUTION 4:

Edit the fidir.txt preferences.

1. Go to C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks20XX\Components\OLB\branding\filist folder directory and locate the fidir.txt file.
  2. Right-click the file and select Properties.
  3. Put a checkmark in the Read-only box.
  4. Click the Apply button and press the OK button.

I hope that the solutions given above have solved your problem. If you still face the problem then please contact our QuickBooks Customer Support and talk to a QuickBooks ProAdvisor to get instant support.

Answered on April 10, 2018.
Add Comment

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.