How to fix error 15106?
The QuickBooks error 15106 occurs while updating QuickBooks desktop. Error 15106 is an error that means the update program cannot be open or the update program is damaged.
Causes of QuickBooks error 15106:
- The antivirus installed on your computer is maybe blocking the update.
- You are not logged in as an administrator on the computer.
Follow the given below steps so that you can download update QuickBooks desktop without any error.
Solution 1: log in to your computer as an administrator
- If you have already logged in as a different user right click on the QuickBooks desktop icon and then select run as administrator. This will change your access to an administrator.
Solution 2: stop your antivirus application and rename folders
If you don’t have an antivirus installed in your system skip to step 3.
- Open task manager by Ctrl+Shift+Esc
- Go to the process tab then find antivirus.exe.
- Select the end process.
- Now, Rename the QuickBooks desktop update folder.
- Open file explorer.
- Go to the C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)\Components.
For 64-bit users, go to C:\Program Files(x86)\Intuit\Quickbooks(year)\Components
- Right-click on the downloadable folder, then select Rename. Note that XXstands for the year version of your QuickBooks.
- Add .old to the end of the name.
- Re-update QuickBooks desktop
Solution 3: turn off user account control
- For Windows 7 and 8 temporary turn of user account control.
- For Windows 10 proceed to step 4.
Solution 4: Perform a clean install in selective startup
- To perform the clean install in selective startup see Install or uninstall Desktop in Selective Startup.