How to fix Banking Error 324 for download transactions?
Banking error code 324 is the most common error faced by QuickBooks users while logging in to their bank’s website. In this case, QuickBooks Online is unable to find the accounts or QuickBooks not Working if the account has been closed at the bank and therefore no longer shows up on the website.
Methods to fix this Error 324 are as follows:
- Click on the Reconnect my account link whichis displayed after the error message.
- Follow thegiven steps to select your updated account with the financial institution.
If the Reconnect my account link is not showing in your computer or any indications of a problem or maintenance on your bank or credit card’s website, you need to try second method.
You should update your account within QuickBooks Online manually by following steps:
- Click on the Transactions.
- Click on theBanking (or Banking, depending on your setup).
- Click on the Update button in the upper right-hand corner.
- If you only want to update some of your accounts, click to clear the unwanted accounts.
- Click Update Now.
- If prompted, enter your Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) credentials (must be done within 2 minutes of box appearing)
- Click on Continue Update.
Note: Multi-Factor Authentication is any security precaution beyond just a username and password.
The following errors occur if you (or your bank) changed the account name at your banks website or if your bank switched to a new account for you.
- Error 106
- Error 324
- Error 168
- Error 999
Step 1: Deactivate the account(s)
- Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts.
- In the List column, find the account(s) causing the error and uncheck any accounts with this bank (be sure to uncheck all accounts with the bank, even if they’re not showing an error). NOTE: If you don’t have any accounts checked in the List column, skip this step and click OK.
- In the Account View, highlight each account (one at a time) and click the Settings button on the bottom right of the screen.
- Under the At Your Financial Institution section, click on Troubleshooting, then click on Deactivate Downloads.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to deactivate each account for the affected bank.
Step 2: Reactivate and link the account(s)
- Click on Set up transaction download in Settings.
- At the bottom of the window that lists banks, click the My bank is not listed question mark to update the bank list; when the list finishes updating, it should display the current date. Click the Show List button to continue.
- Type the name of your bank and select it from the list, then enter your login credentials and click Continue.
- Quicken will display a list of all accounts you have with this bank. Carefully link each of these accounts to the appropriate account you’ve set up in Quicken.