How to do Firewall configuration for QuickBooks Point of Sale?
A firewall is a physical device used to secure network. This security software is designed to prevent unauthorized access or connectivity network based upon a certain standard. It can block communication between QuickBooks POS company data and workstation whether the firewall is on server or workstation.
Lets start to configure manually:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Choose the Windows Firewall.
- Choose the Advanced Settings and click on Inbound.
- Click on New Rule.
- Choose the Port and click Next.
- Type the port numbers and click Next (you can check the section of Point of Sale Firewall Ports).
- Click on the Allow Connection and click Next.
- Enter firewall rule name.
- Click on Finish.
Hope this will be helpful for you. If you also want to know its reason and many more, please go through this link: Learn Firewall configuration for QuickBooks Point of Sale.