How to Create paychecks in QuickBooks Desktop?
You want to know about create paychecks in QuickBooks desktop. To create paychecks in QuickBooks desktop, you need to follow these steps.
Create paychecks in QuickBooks Desktop:
Different options are available in QuickBooks Desktop to Run and create paychecks.
Checklist before paying your employees:
- Activate your payroll service, US or Canada.
- Download the latest tax table, US or Canada (if applicable).
- Download the latest QuickBooks Desktop release.
- Set QuickBooks Desktop to Single-user mode.
- Create employee payroll items.
- Enter employee withholding information (W-4 for US, TD1 for Canada) into QuickBooks Desktop (normally done when you initially set up your employee).
- If you want to pay employees through Direct Deposit, set up employee direct deposit information in the employee profile (applies to US only).
- Create paychecks in the same company file where you have been creating paychecks.
There are three (3) following options available in QuickBooks Desktop for creating paychecks.
- Scheduled Payroll
- Unscheduled Payroll
- Termination Check
To create paychecks in QuickBooks Desktop:
- Choose Employees > Pay Employees. Select the option that applies to you (click to read more below).
- Verify thePay Period Ends date, Check Date and Bank Account the monies are drawn from.
- Choose the Printing Option that applies to you. (Click to read more below.)
- Check mark the name of employee(s) you want to pay.
- Enter or verify the employee’s amounts in the appropriate columns.
- Click Save & Nextto go to the next employee, or click Save & Close to go back to the Enter Payroll Information
- When the checks are ready to be created, click Continue.
- In the Review and Create Paychecks window, review the Paycheck Options:
- Verify the amounts for each employee in the Review and Create Paycheckswindow, and click Create Paychecks.
- Print the paychecks or pay stubs now or later if desired. See How to print paychecksand Print pay stubs for detailed steps.
- If you have QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted or direct deposit paychecks, send your payroll information and direct deposit paychecksto Intuit (applies to US only).
I will hope that this answer fulfill your questions requirement and if you want more information To visit our site Contact Quickbooks customer Payroll support number.