How to convert Quicken data into QuickBooks?
Conversion of Quicken data into QuickBooks is depended on the version of Quicken you are using. You can convert Quicken file data directly to your QuickBooks desktop or use the Quicken or you can also use the Quicken converter to upgrade your file first.
When you should use Quicken converter
- When you are migrating from a Quicken version to QuickBooks.
- if you have a version of Quicken that is a parallel version of QuickBooks Desktop then, You can skip the use of Quicken converter and convert directly to QuickBooks using the conversion utility.
- If you have Quicken for Mac then conversion utility in QuickBooks cannot convert the Quicken for Mac file. In that case, you need to convert your data file first to Quicken for windows or create a new QuickBooks company file instead.
Convert from Quicken to QuickBooks
Using Quicken converter
- Download the version of the converter tool that matches the same version of your QuickBooks desktop.
- Install Quicken converter and start to convert
- Launch and download Quicken converter then select next.
- Select I accept the terms in the license agreement then choose next.
- To start the installation of the Quicken converter select next and then install.
- Select the launch Quicken converter then finish.
- Select I’m transferring the data from Quicken for windows then click on get started.
- Click on open a data file located on this computer then select the file.
- Browse to select your Quicken data file (.QDF) and click ok.
- Select convert it and click ok.
- Now save your new Quicken data file (.QDF) file by selecting save, then select exit.
Once the file is upgraded to the same version as that of your Quicken, you can use the conversion utility in QuickBooks.
Use the conversion utility
Use conversion utility to convert your Quicken file in QuickBooks desktop.
- Go to the file then select utilities then click on convert, then choose from Quicken.
- Select the Quicken file you need to convert.
- Now the conversion utility will guide you for further process.
For more help regarding conversion utility, go to the help window in QuickBooks desktop then press F1 in your QuickBooks Desktop and type “convert from Quicken”.
You can use Quicken converter to convert from Quicken to Quickbooks. But before using this tool you have to ensure that you do not have other versions converter installed in your computer. If you have, then uninstall it and install the one which matches the year version of your quickbooks cloud desktop.