How to convert from QuickBooks desktop to online?
Do you want to switch over to QuickBooks online from Desktop? Don’t worry here we are discussing the easiest way to Convert from QuickBooks Desktop to Online. Sometimes it’s difficult to convert one file into another file but few tips we can help make it possible. This article covers the details of how to Convert your QuickBooks Desktop to Online.
Why we convert from QuickBooks Desktop to Online?
Here we will provide a few benefits to convert from QuickBooks Desktop to Online, after reading this you will definitely be sure why we convert from QuickBooks Desktop to Online?
- Free of charge:
This is cost-free process Intuit does not charge you a penny to convert the file. You can prepare your file for conversion and upload prepare file, Intuit will do the rest process.
- Ability to Run Comparison Reports:
By this, you can run reports to compare the current year to previous years.
- Start with New:
In the conversion process, you can export your customer, vendor and products & services lists from QuickBooks Desktop and provided the information is still reliable, and import these lists into QuickBooks Online. As you have all of your lists imported, you can skip ahead to the Quickly Get up to Speed with QuickBooks Online section of this article.
Convert from QuickBooks Desktop to Online
We provide the 4 easy steps to Convert from QuickBooks Desktop to Online, You should follow the steps and convert your file.
Step 1: Analysis of some critical information before converting your file
- Download and install an update trial links, if you are using a QuickBooks Desktop version older than 2016 because updated version work more efficient compared to an older version.
- You must be logged in both your QuickBooks Desktop file and your QuickBooks Online account as the administrator.
- From your QuickBooks Desktop company file start the conversion process, not from QBO.
- Within the first 60 days of the subscription start date, you can only import your data to QuickBooks Online. If you had your QuickBooks Online subscription for more than 60 days, that time you have two options,
- If your subscription is more than 60 days, you find a QuickBooks Proadvisor who can convert files within the first 180 days of their subscription start date.
- The second option is, You can set up a new QuickBooks Online subscription and use a different email address.
- Don’t attempt to convert your file, If you’ve already turned on Payroll in QuickBooks Online.
- Verify your total QB file target it must be under 35000 and if you are over the target limit that time you have only one option to import your lists or balances.
- If any error comes when you importing the file, you can fix errors when converting to QBO.
Step 2: Export your QuickBooks Desktop company data
Basically QuickBooks Desktop has three versions:
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro
- QB Desktop Premier
- QuickBooks Desktop Enterprises
To Export your QuickBooks Desktop Pro/ Premier Files:
- Firstly, open the file you want to export.
- Now, go to Company > Export Company File to QuickBooks Online.
- You can follow the prompts to connect to QuickBooks Online.
If you Don’t see the option to export? Update your QuickBooks Desktop.
Steps are given below,
- Go to Help then choose update QuickBooks.
- Choose all updates in the “Update Now” window, then Get Updates.
- Once the updates process is complete, choose Close, then File and after that Exit.
- Now, go to the QuickBooks and start it again and finish installing the updates when prompted. The update process takes 15 minutes or more to install, depending on when QuickBooks was last updated.
Important: The export company link may not appear If the updates are not downloaded and installed completely.
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprises:
First, read some important point of QBD enterprise then follow the steps of export your QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise company data.
- If you are an active user of the advanced features in QuickBooks Enterprise.
- When you convert the file be sure QBO is the right fit for you.
- You take a test drive so try out QBO sample companies.
- Review the limitations of converting from Desktop to Online, to determine if QuickBooks Online offers the features and functionalities you need.
Steps to Export your QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise company data:
- Follow the steps given below,
- Firstly open your company file
- By your keyboard, press Ctrl+1 to open the Product Information window.
- Press Ctrl+B+Q.
- Now, select OK to close the Product Information.
- Follow the prompts to connect to QBO.
Step 3: Sign in to QuickBooks Online and import your data
Below steps are helping to Connect to QuickBooks Online and import your data,
- Now you will make the QuickBooks Online Account
- Follow the sign-up procedure, If you are already registered so enter your QuickBooks Online login details, agree to the Terms of Service, and select Sign in.
Important: Your user ID is usually the email address you used to sign up.
- You should follow step 2, If you have inventory in your file and are importing from QuickBooks Desktop 2016 or later, you will see this screen which image given below, otherwise skip to step 3.
- For importing inventory you will need of QuickBooks Online Plus edition by this you can track your product items‘ quantity on hand in Plus.
- Now in the next step, you can choose the QBO company where you want to import your data into or create a new one.
- If you have already created a QBO company so do not create a new one.
- You can choose the one you created from the drop-down menu.
Step 4: Data File Copy:
- Data file copy process takes a long time or maybe take short time its depends on file size.
- Now you click on Ok button, got it.
Important: When the import is done, you will receive an email confirmation, it can be take up to 24 hours.
What should you Do After Your Data Has Been Imported?
Firstly checks your QBO data is successfully imported or not and if you are worried about how to check imported data? So simply its best way to do this is to run a Profit & Loss statement and a Balance Sheet report in both QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online and compare the totals. For both reports, use check the following parameters:
- All Dates
- Accrual method
Advantages of converting your data from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks online
There are several ways to converting your data from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online. If you have been in the business for at least a year, you want to be able to access the existing financial data of your business so that you can run a comparison report in QuickBooks.
Here is the list of three advantage
- Gain the ability to run comparison reports: You have been in business for 12 months or a few years, one of the advantages of having access to historical data is that you can run reports to compare the current year to previous years.
- Make the change to QuickBooks online free of charge: Intuit does not charge you a penny to import your information from QuickBooks desktop to QuickBooks online. You should simply set up your document for change, refresh it and Intuit will do rest.
- Start with a clean slate: Suppose that your existing QuickBooks file has seen more than a lot of accountants who didn’t make such an incredible job with managing your books. You can export your client, seller, and items and service lists from QuickBooks Desktop, provide the data is still reliable, and import these lists into QuickBooks Online. When you have all of your lists imported, you can avoid ahead to the Quickly Get up to Speed with QuickBooks Online section of this article.
If you need any support related to QuickBooks the call us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support number +1-855-441-4417 to get instant help.