How to add an EIN (Employer Identification Number) to an existing Basic, Standard or Enhanced Payroll subscription?
QuickBooks, you can add a company to your existing Do-It-Yourself Basic, Standard or Enhanced Payroll Subscription.
If the payroll service currently in the data file has been activated for Direct Deposit (DD) or Assisted Payroll, it may be necessary to contact DD or Assisted Payroll technical support to have the EIN and Payroll Service Key unlocked before proceeding.
Before you add a company to your subscription or account, see the requirements and limitations below:
- You must use the same registered copy of QuickBooks, on the same machine, to process payroll for all companies on a single payroll subscription.
- The contact information and payroll administrator for the payroll subscription will be the same for all companies you add to a single subscription.
- If you pay your employees with DD, you can have multiple companies (separate data files) with DD on the same DIY Payroll subscription.
To add an EIN that does not have an existing payroll service in its company file to your account :
- From the top menu bar, selectEmployees > Payroll > Use My Existing Payroll Service.
- In the Account Maintenance window, selectAdd File.
- Select the Add to Subscription Number [SUBSCRIPTION NAME] radio button. The must be your subscription number.
- If you do not see your own subscription in the list, select Other: I have an existing subscription and a Zip Code and enter your information.
If you do not see the Add to Subscription Number [SUBSCRIPTION NAME] radio button, a payroll service has already been validated in the company file. NOTE: If the payroll service currently in the data file has been activated for DD or Assisted Payroll, it may be