How I Can Repair QuickBooks Desktop?
Learn how to repair your QuickBooks to fix issues related to the program or errors.
Intuit recommends that you prepare the QuickBooks Desktop Installation CD before starting the repair process. If you have purchased QuickBooks through phone or online, download the installer from the website.
For Window 10, 8/8.1 and 7
Note– Don’t misguide by references installation Wizard. This is the installation wizard that runs the repair.
- Restart your computer to stop unnecessary programs that interfere with QuickBooks.
- Do the Back up your QuickBooks company file.
- Select the Start button and then click on Control Panel. (In Windows 8 / 8.1: there are a Start menu, open Search and type control panel. From the results, select Control Panel.)
- Select programs and types. If need, select Uninstall a program.
- Then select QuickBooks in the list and select the Uninstall/Change.
- After selecting the continue, then next.
- Then choose Improvement or Repair. Wait for the repair is done.
- Select Finish, then restart your computer when prompted.
- When you open QuickBooks, remember to download the latest QuickBooks Release and latest payroll table.
Note- If you don’t find these option then do select Program then Program Features.
Repairing of Error
During repair, you may get an error or message such as using files. If you receive these types of messages, then follow these steps:
- Ignore (reboot required) Select, then, okay.
- You may have to ignore many times. Repair should continue.
- If the unseen button is unavailable, select Close. After the repair, reboot the computer.