How do you record inventory in QuickBooks?

so plz help me provide the answer

Asked on July 27, 2017 in Inventory.
Add Comment
1 Answer(s)

How do you record inventory in QuickBooks?

There are many different ways we can pay for things. Accordingly there are many ways to record these purchases in QuickBooks. Inventory is no exception. I like to tell people that QuickBooks should reflect what actually happened in the real world. If I put a purchase on a credit card then I need to record a credit card charge in QuickBooks. This assumes of course that this was a business card. Alternatively I might get a bill for my inventory that can be paid later or I can write a check, or I can pay with my debit card which is really just an electronic check so in QuickBooks that means a check.

Three types that can be used to record your inventory purchases in QuickBooks:

• Check (or debit card)
    • Credit Card Charge
    • Bill

What I can not use to record an inventory purchase. is a journal entry. Why? There is no place in a journal entry to indicate the Quantity and unit cost of what I am buying. All of the transactions types listed above have the identical bottom section within the dialogue which consists of two tabs; Expenses and Items.

Hope this answer will be helpful for you. For more information about importing invoices into QuickBooks, dial our QuickBooks enterprise phone number+1-855-441-4417.

Answered on July 27, 2017.
Add Comment

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.