How do I set GST in my QuickBooks Online?
Follow these instructions to turn on GST in QuickBooks Online:
- Left-hand side navigation bar GST > Click Set up GST.
- Ensure that you choose the correct GST method that you are registered for: Complete the information required:
- Cash or Accruals
- Lodging frequency: monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or yearly
- Any PAYG installments
- Any other taxes like WET, Luxury Car Tax, Fringe Benefits Tax or Fuel tax credit.
- Click Rates & settings (the default tax codes are automatically generated). Now see the GST codes below.
- The GST codes are to be used for either sales or purchases and are separated as shown.
Additional information: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/au/resources/product-updates/setting-up-gst-in-quickbooks-online/