How do I resolve the QuickBooks error 6143?

I have been using the 2018 edition of QuickBooks Desktop pro for the last 6 months. This morning, when I tried to open up my QuickBooks file, I was denied access and received the QuickBooks Error 6143 message on my system. I have tried restarting my computer to get rid of the error but I still keep receiving the same message. I have a lot of bills that I need to enter but am unable to open the data file. Kindly help me to resolve the QuickBooks error 6143. Thank you.

Add Comment
    1 Answer(s)

QuickBooks Error 6143 can occur due to various reasons. It can happen due to a malfunction in the company files. This can be due to corrupted system files. It can be because of an incomplete or damaged installation. It can also be due to corrupted or deleted entries in the Windows Registry.

These are some steps you can follow to fix QuickBooks Error 6143.

Open a sample company file locally installed on a workstation

You are verifying if the problem lies with your company file or the QuickBooks application by opening a sample company file. If the sample company file does not open and displays the error, it is a sign of the QuickBooks installation being damaged. It shou

ld be repaired immediately.

Choose Open a Sample File in the No Company Open window.

Choose from the list of sample company files.

If the sample file opens, proceed to open the file locally. If the sample file returns the same error message, repair your QuickBooks desktop hosting installation.

Open the company file locally

By opening the file locally, you are testing if there is a problem with the location of the company file. If the file opens while it is saved on the desktop, it means the location is probably damaged. If the file still did not open after changing the location, there is a possibility that the file is damaged.

Open the folder which contains the company file.

Find the file that has the extension of.

Right-click the file.

Select Copy.

Go to the desktop.

Right-click on the desktop.

Choose Paste.

Press the control key.

Open QuickBooks.

Go to the No Company Open window.

Choose Open or restore an existing company.

Proceed to close all QuickBooks processes.

Close all QuickBooks processes

Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc which will display the task manager.

Selecting the Users tab to show processes for all users.

If the error is still not resolved, it could be due to because the folder where the file is saved does not have the right permission.

Configure Anti-Virus Software and firewall ports

If your anti-virus and firewall programs block access to specific QuickBooks programs or files, you might encounter these errors. You can try to configure your firewall ports and to set up an exception to your anti-virus software.

Regards,

Diana

Answered on August 27, 2019.
      Add Comment

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.