How do I record a debit card transaction in QuickBooks?
You are trying not to run up your credit card, so use your debit card instead. So, how do you record those transactions in QuickBooks? Basically, anytime money is “sucked” out of your bank account, you should create a “check” in QuickBooks. But, you say, “I didn’t write a check.” That’s OK. The purpose of recording a “check” is to make that automatic journal entry. To record debit card transactions in QuickBooks, you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
Follow these steps to record the debit card transaction in QuickBooks:
- Click on “Banking” from the toolbar in QuickBooks.
- Open “Write Checks”
- The print later box should be unchecked.
- Enter information just as if you were writing a check to that vendor.
- If you normally print checks, uncheck the “to be printed” box
- Next to “No.”, type in DC for debit card
- Click on Save.
Note: Please follow the above mentioned in the given order only.
Capitalization is important. You always want to use that same configuration. That will make your bank reconciliation much easier because everything will be sorted appropriately.
If you want the more information for this answer then you Contact the QuickBooks Support phone number +1-855-441-4417 and you get the help Quickly.