How do I import a CSV file into QuickBooks?
Import CSV files
To import list in the CSV format, you need to install the QuickBooks Import Excel and CSV toolkit. The toolkit contains:
- Import from Excel and CSV Manual– A PDF document with instructions, best practices and notes.
- CSV Examples Folder– 4 sample CSV files, one for each type of list.
- XLS Example Folder– A sample Excel file containing 4 worksheets, one for each type of list.
- Allowed fields– a reference guide explaining what fields are available for Excel and CSV import.
Steps to install the QuickBooks Import Excel and CSV toolkitS
- Open the File Download window for the toolkit and click Save.
- Go to your Windows desktop and click Save.
- Double-click exe on your Windows desktop to open the Win Zip Self-Extractor window.
- Click Browse, select the folder where you want to install the toolkit (such as your Desktop), and click OK.
- Click Unzip to extract the contents, and then click Close to close the Win Zip Self-Extractor window.
- Open the QuickBooks Import Excel and CSV folder from the location you selected in step 4.
Now, your invoices will be directly added to your QuickBooks company file.
Hope this answer will be helpful for you. For more information about importing invoices into QuickBooks, dial QuickBooks Support Phone Number 1-855-441-4417. You can ask any query related to QuickBooks from well qualified and experienced accounting experts.