How do I Fix QuickBooks Error 6012, -1061?
QuickBooks Error 6012, 1061 basically appears when you have the incorrect network setup.This error generally occurs if the network setting is not correct and is posing a hurdle against connecting with the software through a network server. This results in inaccessibility of the company file promptly followed by interference in a completion of required tasks. The best way to resolve it is by contacting the certified QuickBooks experts. However, QuickBooks Error 6012,-1061 can be resolved by trying different methods as prescribed by the QuickBooks Payroll Support Team.
Inaccessibility of company files can be caused due to many technical and software mismatch which could result in feature malfunctioning that further causes interference in the completion of required financial tasks. This inaccessibility of company file is generally categorized under QuickBooks Error 6000 series as noted by the QuickBooks customer care team.
Some of the points should be kept in mind before trying to fix the error:
- Ensure that your QuickBooks payroll is up to date with the latest update released by Intuit.
- QuickBooks File Doctor should be downloaded from Intuit’s website and should be installed onto the system where an error has occurred. Once the tool starts running it will scan the system and locate the area of issue that results in narrowing down the problem section and resolve it within minutes.
- Ensure that the file is tried to be accessed after completion of every method in order to verify what the root cause was and which error worked best.
How to fix Error 6012, 1061
- Go to start icon and click on it to open followed by typing in Firewall in the search field.
- Select Windows Firewall option.
- In the current window of Windows Firewall locate Advanced Settings on the right side of the screen.
- Highlight option Inbound Rules and right click on it followed by New Rule option.
- Choose Port and then click on Next tab.
- Now the user has to ensure that required TCP is chosen along with specific ports required for the version of QuickBooks being used. In case the system is supporting or will support QuickBooks for more than the current year, a port for each year should be added in format – 8019, XXXXX, XXXXX, XXXXX. Such as:
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
- QuickBooks Desktop 2016: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
- QuickBooks Desktop 2015: 8019, 56725, 55363-55367
- Click on tab Next and then ensure that the box against ‘Allow the Connection’ is ticked followed by Next tab.
- Now select Next tab and provide a specific name for the new rule like Ports QB followed by Next tab again.
- Repeat all the steps listed above but this time for Outbound Rule section as chosen in the 4th point.
- Lastly now try to open the software to verify if the issue is resolved or not.