how do I fix QuickBooks error 6000, 100?
Steps to fix QuickBooks error 6000, 100 are:
Solution 1: toggle the hosting mode.
File-Utilities-stop hosting multi-user mode. After that try to open QuickBooks, If you continue to get the same QuickBooks Error proceed with solution 2
Solution 2: rename .nd file.
- Locate the .nd files with the name of the company having trouble opening & rename it to something else & try opening QuickBooks.
- If you continue to get the same error proceed with solution 3.
Solution 3: (only if you are running NOD32 Antivirus Software)
- Open NOD32 antivirus & disable IMON functionality. Once done restart the computer & & open QuickBooks.
- If you continue to get the same error proceed with solution 4.
Solution 4: run reboot.bat.
- Open the folder containing the reboot.bat file:
- Windows 8, 7 or Vista:
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon on your Quickbooks desktop and select Properties.
- Click Open file location.
- Window XP:
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon on your desktop and select Properties.
- Click Find Target.
- Right-click on reboot.bat and choose Run as the Administrator. Note: This step is important, you need to run reboot.bat as Admin.
- Check to see if this resolves the issue. If not, reboot your computer.
- If you continue to get the same error proceed with solution 4
Solution 5: Go for a clean install.
Note: Before going for a clean install make sure that the file is not damaged by opening a sample file. If you continue to get the same error -6010 -100 while opening sample time too, then proceed with clean install & if the sample file is opening fine it means that it’s a data problem & you need to contact data service.
If you want any information related to QuickBooks then you can call us QuickBooks support phone number +1-855-441-4417.