How do I create a proforma invoice in QuickBooks?
Here in this post, we are discussing how to create a proforma invoice in your QuickBooks. You can read the instructions mentioned below. You can also take help from our QuickBooks customer support team to save your time and effort. Our Intuit certified experts will give you a quality and instant solution for all your queries.
To create proforma invoice QuickBooks, First of all, QuickBooks Online will be modified by clicking on the corporate name at the higher right then visit Company Settings. Click on type Delivery then customize. Amendment Estimate to Pro Forms Invoice then click Save. You’ll be able to additionally create the other changes pro re data on its page.
In QBO, there is no separate Proforma Invoice form style. They do have Estimate form which is also a non-posting type (like Proforma) to QuickBooks which you can copy to Invoice later. You can change the name of the header from Estimate to Proforma Invoice.
Currently, you can’t create a Proforma Invoice in QuickBooks Online Payroll. However, you can label your Estimates as Proforma.
Why Use a Proforma Invoice?
- It’s Minimizes errors.
- On behalf of the importer, it enables banks to establish a payment method
- It serves as a legal, binding agreement.
- It’s widely used in the export industry.
- It gives the information of Outlines all relevant, pertaining to the export transaction.
Steps to create the proforma invoice
- Go to the Gear icon at the top.
- Choose Custom Form Styles.
- At the upper right corner, click the drop-down for New Style, and select Estimate.
- On the Content tab, change Estimate to Proforma Invoice.
- Click Done.
Now your proforma invoice is created. Please do remember to follow the steps in a given order only. As skipping of steps can cause complex errors.
For more details Contact QuickBooks online support number +1-855-441-4417 and get the help.