How do I correct a connection error with my bank? Error code 185: Couldn’t Update Account.
A QuickBooks Error code 185 occurred means that your financial institution (FI) is requiring more information than you can store. This error is common, Sure for Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) account types, which means that there’s an additional security requirement beyond user ID and password.
Here’s some information:
- Run a manual update.
- Once you have completed your first update, run the manual update again.
- The second update won’t duplicate any transactions but if you’re not prompted to answer additional security information the second time, your automatic updates should begin to work normally.
- This information is stored in a cookie within the additional information, which could expire anytime from a few days to not at all.
- If the cookies expire, you’ll see error 185 again on the automatic updates. Simply follow the steps to run the manual updates twice in a row to reset this cookie.
- If you’re asked to answer the security question on the second manual update, then the automatic updates won’t work for this financial institution; you’ll need to run manual updates for this bank and answer the security question each time.
If error persists after performed manual update contact QuickBooks Error Support phone Number +1 855 441 4417.