How do I correct a connection error with my bank? Error code 185: Couldn’t Update Account.

How do I correct a connection error with my bank account and how do I resolve this Error code 185. I couldn’t update my account with this.

Add Comment
1 Answer(s)

A QuickBooks Error code 185 occurred means that your financial institution (FI) is requiring more information than you can store. This error is common, Sure for Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) account types, which means that there’s an additional security requirement beyond user ID and password.

Here’s some information:

• Run a manual update.
  • Once you have completed your first update, run the manual update again.
  • The second update won’t duplicate any transactions but if you’re not prompted to answer additional security information the second time, your automatic updates should begin to work normally.
  • This information is stored in a cookie within the additional information, which could expire anytime from a few days to not at all.
  • If the cookies expire, you’ll see error 185 again on the automatic updates. Simply follow the steps to run the manual updates twice in a row to reset this cookie.
  • If you’re asked to answer the security question on the second manual update, then the automatic updates won’t work for this financial institution; you’ll need to run manual updates for this bank and answer the security question each time.

If error persists after performed manual update contact QuickBooks Error Support phone Number +1 855 441 4417.

Answered on June 14, 2017.
Add Comment

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.