How do i combine or merge two list entries in QuickBooks?
To merge or combine two accounts in QuickBooks it is possible but you can merge only two accounts at a time. And you need that both accounts have to be the same types. Now, we know the process of merging two accounts.
Steps to merge accounts:
You can merge and combine two list entries in QuickBooks. Follow these steps:
- First, you need to go to your chart of accounts.
- Select the account which you want to merge and click on “Edit account”.
- Now, copy the name of account you want to keep.
- Now, go back to your chart of account and then right click on the account you want to merge with the account you are keeping.
- Now, paste the name of the account you are keeping over the name of the account you want to eliminate.
- Then, click “Save” and “Close”.
- Now, QuickBooks will display a message: “This name is already being used. would you like to merge them?”
- Now, click on “Yes” and your accounts will be merged.
I hope now you can merge two entries easily. If you not, go to QuickBooks Online Support.