How do i become a Quickbooks certified bookkeeper?
Bookkeepers have very important role the field of accounting. A bookkeeper can create financial transactions and financial reports that include posting information to accounting software from some source documents such as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices. The bookkeeper also make a compatible accounts to ensure their accuracy.
Most people who want to become a Bookkeeper can follow these steps:
- Get a high school diploma: In high school, you need give special importance on courses of math, business, computers and office training.
- Get an internship: You must try to get a part-time job helping out around a bookkeeper’s or accountant’s office while you are studying in high school or college. You will learn some things such as double-entry bookkeeping and other methods of accurately recording transactions.
- Practice with the software: Studying accounting software and spreadsheets is the best way to learn how to become a bookkeeper.
- Get an associate degree or complete vocational training: Get at least a associate degree because it will improve your chances greatly.
- Earn certification: After completing your bookkeeper job for the equivalent of two years, you can earn your Certified Bookkeeper designation from the American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers by passing a four-part exam.
- Get licensed: You can also become a licensed Certified Public Bookkeeper through the National Association of Certified Public Bookkeepers. This license requires that you take 24 hours of continuing professional education annually.
- Earn a bachelor’s or master’s degree to become an accountant: Now, return to school for additional classes to become a higher-paid supervisor, accountant, financial analyst or financial manager.
After doing all these, you will become a certified Bookkeeper. Hope this answer will be beneficial for you. To get more detail and help, you can talk to our professional accounting executive of QuickBooks Pro Support team.