How Can I fix QuickBooks error code 6190-816

when I open A company files then I suddenly get this error 6190 & 816 and I am unable to open the file on the host computer.  what can I do?

Add Comment
1 Answer(s)

It’s not only about QuickBooks, because you know these software things, like any other software you may face some error while using QuickBooks. Here we are explaining the solution to a most common error faced by some of your users ” QuickBooks error code 6190-816″.

Error Description: The possible reasons that can cause QuickBooks error code 6190-816 to occur are:

Unable to launch the file on the host: QuickBooks error 6190-816 can occur when the filename of the QuickBooks cannot be accessed on the host. The filename cannot be run on multi-user mode on the Linux server. Or the filename is not properly hosted on Windows XP, Vista and Server 2003 or 2008.

Mismatch of the extensions: The error 6190-816 can also occur when the extension .qbw possessed by the company file of QuickBooks is not matched by the files with extension .tlg. Such files should be treated with great caution because they can lead to sudden loss of company files. Thus, this could also cost the company to a great extent.

Updating of the QuickBooks file: The error code 6190-816 occurs if the company file is updated on another computer with the extension .tlg and then opened in the other computer. As a result, this updated company file with an altered file extension cannot be accessed.

Solution: In order to fix QuickBooks error code 6190-816, we have provided the necessary solutions.

Note: Close QuickBooks application and exit its background process.

Solution 1: Delete the transaction log file.

Sol. 2: Download and run the QuickBooks File Diagnostic Tool.

Solution 3: Download and run the QuickBooks Connections Diagnostic Tool.

Solution 4: Rename the .tlg file.

I hope this will help you to resolve this QuickBooks error code 6190-816. If you are still unable to resolve this error on your own then you can contact our QuickBooks support Number and talk to our QuickBooks ProAdvisor. if you have any other queries you can read our  QuickBooks Blogs also.

Answered on May 1, 2018.
Add Comment

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.