How can i fix QuickBooks error 80070057?
QuickBooks Error 80070057 is a common error. This error code shows a message i.e. “80070057: the parameter is incorrect” when the user tries to open a company file. It means that user has not enough permission to delete the files from the particular folder. You must have the read/write and create/delete rights to access the company file.
Why is this Error 80070057 happening?
There is the various possible reason for this error:
- QuickBooks Can’t read your company file because the company file extension was changed.
- Maybe QuickBooks installation is damaged.
- QuickBooks for Windows file extension is wrong type: .qbm, .qbb, .qbx
- You are using third party firewall that is not configured for QuickBooks.
- You are trying to open a portable file without having QuickBooks Support.
- Maybe you are working on a file which is situated on USB flash drive.
- QuickBooks detects the damage in your company file at the time of installation of Quickbooks.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 80070057?
Follow steps and fix this issue:
Solution 1: Verify the company file name extension
- Right-click the company file.
- Choose properties
- Click the QuickBooks tab >
- Note the file extension in the Filename field and QuickBooks version in the Last opened with a file.
- Click ok.