Can QuickBooks Pro 2017 and QuickBooks Mac 2017 use the company file simultaneously?
The Answer to your Question “Can QuickBooks Pro and QuickBooks Mac uses the company file simultaneously” is “No”. It is not possible to use QuickBooks Pro 2017 and QuickBooks Mac 2017 at the same time
Now, First of all, you have to convert the file to either platform and after that, you can use QuickBooks profile on the QuickBooks Mac platform. These articles can help you to get started if this is your first time to install and use QB Desktop in a multi-user or network environment. To know the while process follow the steps in the order shown below.
Installation and setup
- Install QuickBooks Desktop
- Add Windows admin rights to allow configuration of multi-user access
- Map a network drive (optional)
- Configure Firewall and Internet security settings for QuickBooks Desktop
- Set up the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and scan your file
- Open a company file that is located on a remote computer
Note: If you are using QuickBooks Software first time then after installing and setup create a QuickBooks Desktop company file first before going to the next step.
To turn on Hosting
Note: Turn on hosting only for the Host computer where the company file is stored. You must not turn on hosting for a workstation.
- From the File menu, select Utilities
- Click Host Multi-User Access.
- Click Yes on the confirmation window.
When you Starting QuickBooks Desktop, there are enhancements made. To make the better experience of Multi-User set up. These enhancements include disabling Alternate set up Mode. If in any case, you want to enable this mode then see Multi-User access changes in QuickBooks Desktop 2015 and later.
To get help via remote, Dial QuickBooks Pro support number +1-855-441-4417.