RE: How to resolve network issues with QuickBooks File Doctor?
If you want to know How to resolve network issues with QuickBooks File Doctor. keep calm, I’m always there to help you!
This article can help you if:
- You can’t open your company file and get one of the following error messages: -6150, -6000 -82, -6000, -301, -6147, or -6130.
- You have missing or blank lists for your customers, vendors, or employees.
- You get an H101, H202, H303, or H505 error (error opening QuickBooks over a network or multi-user setup issues).
- Your file is severely damaged and will not open, but you can open sample company files (or other files).
Using the QuickBooks File Doctor
- After the download completes, double-click qbfd.exe and follow the on-screen instructions to install the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- The QuickBooks File Doctor opens automatically after installing. If you do not see it opening, look for a green wrench icon in your Windows taskbar.
- Use the drop-down list to find your company file (this is based on your last 10 opened companies). If you do not see your company file in the list, click the browse button and manually locate it to continue.
- Select one of the following options:
- Both file damage and network connectivity – if you suspect your company file is damaged, or you see a 6xxx error (such as -6150, -6000 -82, -6000 -305, -6000 -301, -6147, or -6130) when you try to open your company file (data file problems).
- Network connectivity only – If you are using QuickBooks in a multi-user setup and get an H202 (or H303/H505) error when you try to open your company file (network errors).
- When prompted, enter the Admin password for your company file, and then click Next.
- You will then be prompted to choose Host/Server or Workstation. It is important to make sure you pick the right option!
- Choose one of the following options, if prompted to share your company file:
- Yes – if you are running File Doctor on the computer hosting the company file (only choose this if you are running File Doctor on your server computer or host computer).
- No – if you are running File Doctor on a computer that is not hosting the company file (aka your Workstation).
- Wait until the File Doctor finishes diagnosing.
- If you are running the data damage + networking option, you will need to wait until the tool finishes. Depending on whether your file is local or on a network, and file size, it could take a while to finish diagnosing and repairing your data file. The network only mode shouldn’t take any longer than a minute or two.
After QuickBooks File Doctor completes repair and diagnosis:
- After the tool finishes diagnosis, close File Doctor.
- Regardless of the results screen, try opening your QuickBooks file again to see if the issue is resolved.
For more information regarding network issues with QuickBooks File Doctor, Dial QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1-855-441-4417. You can ask any query related to QuickBooks from well-qualified and experienced accounting experts.