RE: How to merge Multiple Vendors in QuickBooks Desktop 2018?
In this answer using multiple vendors in QuickBooks desktop 2018 Accountant version and QuickBooks Enterprise v18 (all versions) will find an entirely new way to Merge Multiple Vendors. Despite the fact that we have had the ability to merge one vendor into another vendor, this new tool represents a better way to search, sort and compare vendors that need to be merged together.
You can merge up to four vendors at a time using this new tool. While this feature will work in most cases, not all vendors are eligible for the merger. For example, you cannot merge vendors with transactions posted through bank feeds or with direct deposits. You also cannot merge vendors that are Sales Tax (or in non-US versions VAT tax) agencies. Another limitation is associated with QuickBooks files making use of Multi-currency. To use this feature:
Multiple use vendor feature in QuickBooks desktop 2018.
- Select the Master Vendor you want to retain in QuickBooks, and then select up to three other vendors you want to merge into your Master Vendor.
- Choose the relevant information from the other vendors you want to retain and migrate into your Master Vendor
- QuickBooks forces you to make a backup of your Company file prior to the actual merger taking place.
- QuickBooks proceeds with migrating any of the identification details you selected from the other vendors into the Master Vendor.
- Next, it merges all of the transactions from the other vendors into the Master Vendor.
- At the conclusion of the process, QuickBooks displays a message confirming “Merge Complete,” which reminds you of the location of the backup file made prior to merging the vendors.
This new feature is designed to provide accountants and Proadvisors with more options and better control over the merge process for duplicate vendors, We can also see additional uses for this functionality.
In this answer will be helpful for you. For more information about importing invoices into QuickBooks, dial QuickBooks Support Number 1-855-441-4417. You can ask any query related to QuickBooks from well qualified and experienced accounting experts.